Our policy for combating the spread of the Coronavirus
Effective: Monday, March 10, 2020. Updated: March 19, 2020.
During the world’s battle against the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Mountain Stream Group wants our employees, clients, and vendors to know we care about their— and their family’s — health and well-being.
Effective March 10th, we are implementing and practicing the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)’s social distancing and hygiene recommendations to combat the spread of the virus. The following policy will remain in effect for the foreseeable future.
- Our employees are working from home as much as possible.
- When in the office, our employees will maintain a minimum 6-foot buffer from each other and wash their hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Employees will frequently sanitize all surfaces.
- At no time will we have 10 or more employees, clients, or vendors together in the same location.
- We will not attend conferences, trade shows, chamber or other networking events, and alike that will have 10 or more people in attendance.
- We are suspending domestic and international plane, train, and taxi travel except in cases of emergencies.
- Instead of holding face-to-face meetings, we will communicate with our at-home employees, clients, and vendors using email, instant messaging, telephone, and video conferencing.
- When a face-to-face meeting is required, we will say a simple hello with no handshaking. We’ll sanitize all surfaces before and after meetings and maintain a minimum 6-foot buffer between each participant. We ask each participant to use hand sanitizer before and after meetings.
- We will transmit proposals, contracts, and invoices electronically via email.
- We are eliminating the acceptance of cash or checks for payment of services. Instead, we will be utilizing ACH (bank-to-bank electronic) transfers through Veem.
Please check back regularly for updates on our coronavirus policy.